Monday, March 25, 2013

For this blog post I am going to talk about the movie Django Unchained.  I recently saw this movie in Germany.  The movie was shown in English with German subtitles for my German friends.  I think the movie was supposed to be a retelling of a dramatic time in our history, but the director took more of a comedic take on the way things should be handled.  At one point in the movie, they were walking through the desert, and calm classical music was playing, then out of nowhere, Rick Ross started playing.  It was completely unseen by everyone in the movie theater.  The Germans did not laugh too much at the music being played, because I don't think they understood what was happening too well.  But, the Americans that I was with were laughing hysterically.  In my mind, this movie was very good.  The director was able to take a very serious topic and make it quit comedic, and tasteful.  However, At points in the movie, I found myself wondering what was happening or why certain things were happening.  The director seemed to go a little too far in some cases.  For instance, in one of the final fighting scenes, one man was repeatedly shot in multiple parts of his body, mainly by his own allied forces.  There was no reason for him to be shot so many times, he did not play a very important role in the movie, he was just there.  I suppose the director just wanted everyone to get a good laugh out of a very serious part in the film, and I would say that it worked out quite well.  In total, I thought that Django Unchained was a very funny film, that was rather tastefully done in all.  The director was able to take multiple big name actors and use them wonderfully to make the best out of the movie.  I would most definitely recommend seeing the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment