Monday, March 25, 2013

Jack and the Giants

Today, before our next class started in Germany, some friends and I decided that we would go to the movie theater and watch a movie to pass the time.  The only movie available at the time was "Jack and the Giants". I had heard of the movie from previews, and I figured: "Why not, this movie couldn't be that bad". I don't think I have ever been more wrong in my life.  For the next hour and a half, I sat there watching a poor rendition of Jack and the beanstalks.  The movie was made for a much younger audience, and that was apparent.  During the movie, I found myself wondering how much time was left, and I found myself more willing to ride down a slide that the movie theater had installed.  The plot of the story was quite similar to the tale of Jack and the beanstalks, but they took a much different approach to it than I would have expected.  The movie tried focusing a great deal on the giants, but it never went to deep with explaining anything about the giants.  It was just obvious that there was a leader and some minions.  The entire movie seemed rather drawn out, and it was apparent that the director tried taking a movie that should have only been 45 minutes, and making it into an hour and a half movie.  This movie was a complete waste of my time in my mind, and I most certainly do not recommend it to anyone in the future.  However, German movie theaters do have very good slushy machines.

No comments:

Post a Comment